Karl Deutsch Coating Thickness Gauge LEPTOSKOP 2042
The LEPTOSKOP 2042 is used to measure the thickness of non-magnetic coatings on magnetic substrate (according to DIN EN ISO 2178) and to measure the thickness of electrically non-conductive coatings on non-magnetic electrically conductive substrates by means of the eddy current method (according to DIN EN ISO 2360).
A reliable technique in combination with comfortable tools like displaying the thickness values as an analog pointer, a file management similar to Windows and 10 different languages for free selection fulfils all wishes of an ambitious user.
The LEPTOSKOP 2042 is an economic instrument with a battery life-time of more than 100 hours.
The instrument records the operating time and the number of measurements, so these important parameters are available per se for proper tracing of testing devices.
A colour rubber protective holster is included in the scope of supply and protects the instrument in industrial environment with the additional feature of slip protection.
- Large graphic display 48 mm x 24 mm, illuminated
- Calibration options:
- Calibration ex works, instantly ready for measurement
- Calibration on unknown coating*
- Zero calibration*
- One and multi foil calibration on uncoated substrate*
- Calibration on coated material*
The calibration data can be stored individually in separate calibration files and can be re-loaded from there.
- Selectable display modes for optimal adaptation to the measurement task*
- Input and monitoring of limits*
- Storage of readings* with easy file management as under Windows©
- Usable with the PC software EasyExport and iCom
- Statistical evaluation for up to 999 readings
- Minimum, maximum, mean, number of readings, standard deviation, monitoring of limits
- Local thickness and average coating thickness (DIN EN ISO 2808)
- Online statistics, all statistics values at a glance
* depending on configuration level
3 configuration levels for optimum adaptation to the measurement task.
The LEPTOSKOP 2042 is available with three configuration levels:
- Basic – basic features in proven quality
- Statistics – additional statistics evaluation
- Statistics and Data Memory – statistics evaluation and data memory
If required, the gauge can be upgraded at any time to the upgrade levels Advanced and/or Professional. The upgrade process is executed by means of code, which can be entered on-site to unlock the modules „Statistics“ and/or „Statistics & Data Memory“. Returning the gauge to KARL DEUTSCH for upgrading or purchasing a new instrument is not necessary if you want to add features for new measuring demands.
A summary of the available menu topics with reference to the assigned modules can be found here
- Serial interface for data transfer to RS232 or USB
- Power supply either via batteries, USB or mains unit
- Measuring range – 0 – 20000 µm (depending on probe)
- Measuring rate up to 2 readings per second
- Storage – max. 9999 readings in up to 140 files
- Measurement uncertainty (after calibration):
- Coating thickness < 100 µm: 1 % of the reading +/- 1 µm
- Coating thickness > 100 µm: 1..3 % of the reading +/- 1 µm
- Coating thickness > 1000 µm: 3..5 % of the reading +/- 10 µm
- Coating thickness > 10000 µm: 5 % of the reading +/- 100 µm
For more information visit Karl Deutsch website.
If the high accuracy of electronic coating thickness measuring instruments…Išsamiau
Do you want your coating thickness gauge to be flexibly…Išsamiau