OptiSense PaintChecker industrial sensors
Whether glossy paint, rough powder coating, thick glass ceramic, tiny part or use in the tightest of spaces, we offer the right sensor for every application – small, lightweight, eye-safe and ideal for robot mounting.
- Robust photothermal measurement process for a large number of material combinations
- Longest service life, energy efficiency and vibration resistance, thanks to the semiconductor light source
- Small measuring spot for corners, edges and hard-to-reach places
- Compact design for use in confined spaces
- Minimal weight, optimal for robot mounting
- High-power versions for thick coatings and large measuring distances
- Eye-safe models with patented LARES® technology available
The OptiSense laser sensors use a diode laser as a light source − with all the advantages of semiconductor technology, such as long service life, high efficiency and absolute vibration resistance. We have versions with a tiny measurement spot for micro-mechanical applications and special angle sensors with folded optics featuring a particularly small measurement distance that can be used even in the tightest of spaces. The sensor models equipped with our eye-safe LARES® technology can be operated without any further protective measures.
Our LED sensors have a larger measurement spot than the laser versions and are particularly suitable for the rough and granular surface of powders and pastes. Depending on the coating material, you can choose between infrared and UV excitation models. Thereby it is also possible to take measurements on non-metallic surfaces. The compact sensors in a cube-shaped housing are particularly flexible for mounting, thanks to the adaptable cable connection and their large contact surface, ensuring optimum heat dissipation.
Photothermal measurements on thick layers with high glass or metal content require a higher lighting intensity. Furthermore, the power requirement increases with the distance between sensor and part. For these applications, sensors with the same outer dimensions are available as high-power versions with increased output power. Version 10.0 also has a longer measuring distance and a higher energy density, so that in many cases precision positioning of the part during the measurement is not required.